10 Questions to Ask at the Start of 2017
At the start of 2017, we present this reflection, which was given in the Sunday service on January 1st. The beginning of a new year is an ideal time to stop, look up, and get our bearings. To that end, here are some questions to ask prayerfully in the presence of God. If it would help you, note the answers and keep them with you in the year to come.
These points come from Don Whitney, Associate Professor of Biblical Spirituality and Senior Associate Dean at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. They appeared originally in Christianity.com.
1. What is the one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What is the most special thing you would like God to do in you this year?
3. What is the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family and/or relational life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it? e.g. Scripture, prayer, fasting, quiet, meditation, worship etc.
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in 10 years? In eternity?
January 02, 2020
December 10, 2019
November 27, 2019