Lent & Holy Week
Confidence, as Christians and as people, is the theme that we will be exploring together at St George’s over the five weeks of Lent 2022, in the Sunday morning services, during the Sunday afternoon Cafe Zoom hour, and on Wednesday evenings. Please plan to join us as we consider the confidence we have in Christ, especially during this time when there are so many reasons to feel a lack of confidence in the world. (Note: This Lenten series has been inspired by Seasons of the Spirit by Wood Lake Publishing.)
To join, use the Zoom link sent on the group chat, or contact Revd John Chapman and he can share the link with you.
Also, the Sunday School is collecting breakfast food for the Salvation Army during Lent. Please bring donations to church of coffee, tea, sugar, cereal, biscuits, muffins, juice and long-life milk.
Lent 1: Confidence Through Practising Gratitude
Cafe Zoom, Sun 6th March, 5pm: It is good to give thanks! This week we will share how having a sense of gratitude has made a difference in our lives.
Lent School, Wed 9th March, 8pm: This week’s service will consider Celtic Christianity: Creation and Praise.
Lent 2: Confidence Through a Right Perspective
Cafe Zoom, Sun 13th March, 5pm: Former St George’s members will share how ‘wearing the right glasses’ can transform our view of the world and whatever situation we find ourselves in.
Lent School, Wed 16th March, 8pm: This week’s service will consider the Old Testament covenants.
Lent 3: Confidence in the Midst of Challenges
Cafe Zoom, Sun 20th March, 5pm: Former St George’s members will share times when they truly felt ‘He is there!’ in spite of the challenges they faced.
Lent School, Wed 23rd March, 8pm: This week’s service will consider a spirituality of suffering, based on John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you”.
Lent 4: Confidence Through Extravagant Grace
Cafe Zoom, Sun 27th March, 5pm: Revd Deborah will share readings from her monthly devotions for the Mothers’ Union.
Lent School, Wed 30th March, 8pm: This week’s service will consider dance and spirituality.
Lent 5: Confidence Through Intimacy With God
Cafe Zoom, Sun 3rd April, 5pm: We will share how God has spoken to us during these weeks and the different ways we have heard God’s voice during Lent.
Lent School, Wed 6th April, 8pm: This week’s service will consider ancient Syrian spirituality.
Watch Choral Evensong for Lent (42 mins)
HOLY WEEK SERVICES
- Palm Sunday, 10th April, 11:15am: Marching with palms to celebrate Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem.
- Maundy Thursday, 14th April, 8pm: Join us for Holy Communion and clearing of the church.
- Good Friday, 15th April, 2pm: A quiet, directed meditation for one hour to mark Jesus’ crucifixion, based on Stations of the Cross.
- Black Saturday, 16th April, 8pm at Bonanova Catholic church: Remembering when Jesus lay in the tomb, and lighting of the Paschal candle for Easter vigil.
- Easter Sunday, 17th April, 11:15am: He is risen indeed, Alleluia! A celebratory service followed by an Easter egg hunt for children in the church garden.
May 17, 2023
Caring for Creation
May 04, 2023
Easter Display Explained
May 03, 2023