Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Garden Party
St George’s will hold a garden party on Saturday 4th June, 4-7pm, to mark 70 years of service by Queen Elizabeth, the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee.
The Consul General of the United Kingdom will be in attendance, and we will celebrate Her Majesty’s reign in a special ceremony.
A cultural event such as this is a great time to welcome friends from every nation. It is an opportunity to enjoy each other’s company with some light food and drinks. There will be:
- a hat competition for people of all ages
- a Royal Memorabilia Exhibition: bring yours if you have any, but please mark it clearly
- a lucky dip for children and raffle for adults
- balloons and bunting
- secondhand books
You don’t have to sign up to attend, and there is no entry fee. However, donations of food and drink will be very much appreciated.
All donations should be dropped at church before 2pm on the Saturday. Please let the church know if you can help with:
- bringing sandwiches, quiches, cakes, fruit, drinks, or baking cakes, scones and the like
- tidying up the garden on Friday afternoon/Saturday morning
- food preparation and setting up on the Saturday morning
- serving food and beverages
- welcoming people
- clearing up after the event
This event is part of St George’s gala year SG2022 — marking 50 years of St George’s church building at its current location and 150 years of St George’s presence in Barcelona. Read Our History.
June 19, 2022
June 12, 2022
May 29, 2022