Tonie Chandler welcomes St George’s members to MU
The Mothers’ Union Diocesan President Tonie Chandler attended St George’s Barcelona on Sunday, 3rd February 2019, to commission and enrol members of the congregation as Mothers’ Union representatives. Currently, Nkechi serves as Branch President, Esther as Secretary and Brenda as Treasurer. Everyone is pictured at the front during the service.
The work of Mothers’ Union includes:
- challenging domestic violence
- embracing difference in relationships
- building community cohesion
- helping refugees
- connecting with church and community (health education, supporting the elderly and children, visiting prisons, etc)
- enabling sustainable transformation by partnering with programmes overseas in community development of all kinds: economic, relational, personal and spiritual.
Mothers’ Union is undertaking a strategy-building and envisioning process. As implied by the name MULOA, which stands for Mothers’ Union Listens Observes Acts, the process is built on three principles:
- to God
- to each other
- to the marginalised
- to learning from others
- creating a safe space
- identifying and celebrating what we have
- looking to the future
- taking responsibility
- feeding back honestly
This process is designed to enable all 600 dioceses in which Mothers’ Union works globally to listen to each other, to the people they serve and to partners, in order to co-create the future together.
Click here to read about Bev Jullien, chief executive of Mothers’ Union, who shared more about the work of Mothers’ Union when she visited St George’s on 14 October 2018.
For more information on MULOA go the website https://muenterprises.org/europe/ where Revd Deborah Chapman posts monthly reflections.
April 03, 2020
March 09, 2020
February 13, 2020